Saturday, April 30, 2011

Funeral - April 30

Today I went to my first funeral as an adult. It was the first funeral where I was the adult. I didn't have my parents there and it wasn't a member of my family. 
It was a funeral I didn't have to go to but wanted to go to.
We took E along. She's been teething and acting a bit off of her "happy with anyone who will smile at her" attitude and so I hoped that at least being with us might keep her content. 
Luckily she slept for the first third of the funeral and was a dream the rest of the time. Phew. Embarrassed parent crisis averted. 
A lot of my friends with small children had left their little one at home and so as one of the few adults who brought a baby along, I would have been pretty embarrassed to have to leave the service.
E started squealing with delight signing at the end, during the music of the slideshow. She was thrilled to be singing but I was frantically trying to shush her with anything I could shove in her mouth so people would stop turning.

It was a nice service, sad, but funerals are. 
Dressed up for the funeral. 

On a thrilling, totally unrelated side note, I am meeting girl friends for lunch tomorrow. 
Alone. No kids. No sharing. No dodging baby hands.
I'm so so excited!! It has been much too long since I've had a "girls date."

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment