Friday, April 22, 2011

Lonely - April 22

You know, I realize that J was very ill this week. And as much as he was a trooper for pulling through with flying colours, I hadn't realized how much J's illness would effect E. 


She's never been without J. Ever. I mean sure, an hour here and there if I could sneak out for groceries with just E, but really, since she's been old enough to be "aware," she has always had J at her side. 


This past week was tough on us all. We pretty much couldn't leave J's side for fear of him being sick or just being so weak he'd fall over. The day I spoke with my doctors office and they told me to take to the hospital right away, I left her for almost 8 hours while I dealt with J. That's the longest I had ever been away from her. By probably 5 hours!
E was so patient. She sat quietly, watching J, trying to get his attention, chirping at him and patiently waiting for him to come over and smother her in hugs and kisses. She waited and waited. For an entire week. 
I've realized these past two days just how much she missed him. 
To see the two of them together just melts my heart. If having kids was just about that, I'd have a whole football team! 

I hope their love lasts forever! 


Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment