Monday, April 25, 2011

Pizza - April 25

I really love to cook. Most days. Okay, some days.
Wait. Let me rephrase. As long as I have the ingredients I need, I don't have to run to the store instead of nap time, I have some free time to prepare and I have help to keep little hands away from the oven ... then I LOVE to cook. 
I love watching cooking shows, reading food blogs and trying new things. 


One such great experiment was grilled pizza. 
It turned out so great, we haven't gone back! 
It's better than store bought and as long as you have your ingredients ready to put on your pizza, it cooks in about 5 minutes (not including the time to make the dough, I do that from scratch too).


We usually do different pizza's, depending on the ingredients in our fridge. 
Todays variations were; 
1) Tomato, basil and mozzarella pizza
2) Proscuiutto, artichokes and goat cheese. 


Both tasted amazing. 
To make: 
1) Roll dough into two, thin pizza shapes. 
2) Sweep garlic infused olive oil over the top of both doughs (this will be the side that goes down on the BBQ)
3) Let cook for about 2-3 minutes, oil side down until it is light brown and bubbly. 
4) While it is cooking, sweep garlic oil over the new top. 
5) Flip. 
6) Quickly put your toppings on your pizza. Make sure they are thinly sliced so they heat. 
7) Cover and let heat. Until the bottom is light brown. 


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment