Friday, April 8, 2011

Lunch - April 8

We had the opportunity this morning to take in a dance competition at Festival Place. 
Ballet. I've decided it's my favourite. 
C's cousin's daughter B (confused?) is ten and LOVES to dance. I like going to watch her at Festival Place if I can because we don't get to Wainwright nearly often enough to see them. E and I took in her performances last night and this morning J, E, Grandma 21 and I went again. 
They.Were. Adorable!
The last time we got to see B (and family) was at a family reunion 90th birthday party last summer outside of Wainwright. J was smitten immediately with B and followed her around like a puppy saying "hi there" over, and over, and over. Cute for me. Maybe not for B. 
Today J was smitten all over! B was wearing the most beautiful bright yellow dress and he kept telling her how yellow was one of his favourite colours, along with blue, red, orange, white and black. Is was adorable watching him try to impress her! 
B's dance for the day was over so we headed to a restaurant close by for lunch and had a great visit. I got to meet two twin baby girls, just a few weeks older than E. 
Lunch took a long time coming but with a nice new hat (see picture below) paper on the table and two cups of crayons, J was in heaven. B was great, helping him spell and colour. I hope she had fun because I'm guessing J will be talking about it for weeks! 

A quiet 2.5 yr old at a restaurant for over an hour is a miracle! Thank goodness for ten year old girls!

Just for fun: J's word of today- KETCHUP.

Kim

2 comments:

  1. You should totally capture every 'word of the day'. I think it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching dance competition!!! Let me know next time you go!!!

    ReplyDelete