Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tired - April 19

J continues to be sick. 
We are exhausted to say the least. I can't even imagine how he must feel ... well I have an idea. Seeing him flopped all over the house is enough to make your knees weak. 
If he doesn't turn a corner soon, we'll be back to the hospital for more hydration.
I think being in the health care field and knowing how dangerous dehydration can be makes it easier for me to try and stay on top of it, but it makes it harder knowing what we are fighting when he refuses to drink anything. 
He went to bed at 6:30 last night. 
Hopefully this is it. 


No words of the day since Friday ... so sad. 

4 comments:

  1. Your poor little family. It breaks my heart to think about how tough your week has been.
    Pedialyte popsicles seemed to work a bit for us as well as syringing in pedialyte every 5 mins (which I am sure you already know). You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we try "forcing" him with the syringe, he gets all worked up, gags and pukes.
    He's back to the hospital tonight, hopefully for the last dose of hydration of his whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jude. How did the hospital trip go last night?

    I've never been able to get the twins to take Pedialyte either. I wish they'd come up with a version that tastes a little better. Even if it wasn't as effective, it'd still be better than nothing. When Charles had Rotavirus, I ended up giving him diluted Gator-ade and sometimes fat free chicken broth (for the salt).
    But of course he wasn't as sick as Jude.

    Thinking about you guys,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sandra.
    We even had apple juice flavoured Pedialyte and he wouldn't take it. He's never been allowed to drink juice on a regular basis. Must be an occupational hazard, I didn't want him to be a juice junkie. Now I'm regretting not at least having him used to drinking juice. He only wants water but at this point, water is making his dehydration (internally) worse.

    ReplyDelete