Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yard work - April 26



My yard was in rough shape! 
That is, until Monday. 
C did so much yard work Monday. It was amazing. I can't even believe how much he did. J will tell you he helped too. Lots. 

Only a few things are coming up but now I can see where they should be! 
I love my Swedish Aspens but they drop their leaves really late, always after the snow is here for the winter and so my yard is covered by dead and decaying leaves, caught in the plants. 

There are signs of spring though. A few plants are coming back. (They have since been de-leaved) 
Chives


My daffodils are way behind
My poor bird house. The wren nest from last year is still inside. Apparently a $10 house from Michaels is not made to actually live outside.  

The yard looks so much better now, I can hardly believe the difference.

With the grade of the yard moving the water to the middle of the yard and then down the sides, it's pretty soggy but hopefully a few more warm days and we'll see some green grass! 

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I'm always so excited to see the new growth on the perennials peeking out in the spring

    I was out tonight clearing a few flower beds. We were lazy last fall and still have a ton of clean-up to do. The twins were no help -- trying to fish rocks out of the pond and jump off 5 foot retaining walls etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When can C stop by our house?? We have some yard work too!

    ReplyDelete