Thursday, April 21, 2011

Grinder - April 21

Last week, I tried to grind up some "people food" for E using my mini Cuisinart chopper. It didn't go well. I was only chopper a tiny about and so it turned out it wasn't even enough food to reach the blades. 
I fed it to her anyway, it didn't go well. Lots of chunks and gagging ensued. 


Have you seen one of these?
At the stage E is at, they are the greatest things! It is only three pieces, light and really portable. It allows you to grind up your dinner in a flash! 

This may look a little gross to you, but to a baby girl, mashed potatoes, carrots, roast beef and gravy all in one neat, easy to swallow package is heaven. 
All I had to do was turn the handle! 

It was a little thick to begin with. More gagging. Lovely. 


Once I added a bit more gravy, she was happy as a clam. Ate the whole thing!! 
I like that I can expose her to a variety of flavours while she's still just on baby food consistency. 

-Kim

1 comment:

  1. I had one and loved it for when we went out. Don't use it with really watery stuff though (zucchini, mushrooms, etc), it won't work.

    ReplyDelete