Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend -April 24

We had a great Easter weekend this year. 
Our plans changed. We were supposed to spend the weekend in Canmore with Family 21. I'm starting to feel like our trips to Canmore are cursed with a sick boy every time! 
Christmas? Check! Family Day? Check! and now Easter!

Despite the change of plans, our weekend was great. 
J was still feeling better. No relapses. Hallelujah!
Friday (and Saturday) we spent the day looking for a bike for Jude. 
I wanted to get a bike before he was much older and before they were sold out for the summer. 
A bit of an ordeal. I wasn't sure $120 (or more) for a bike without pedals was reasonable, we thought it might be feasible to buy a little "cheap" bike and take the pedals off for this season. 
We don't know anything about bikes other than how to ride them and so we decided to look round... bike stores and department stores... with two kids in tow... for two days... not my brightest move.  Sorry kiddos.

So after lots of looking, we ended up at a real bike store buying J a real pedal-less run bike. 
He loves the idea of it. He doesn't seem to love riding it much yet. That figures! 









Easter Eve I was out at 10pm looking for a basket for the egg hunt the next morning. I couldn't find even one! Maybe I was at the wrong store. But I did find the fake plastic grass and decided we' make it work. 
I ended up using mixing bowls and making nests for the goodies and then J used the nest to put his eggs back into. 
It worked great and he's non the wiser. 
E's view for the egg hunt.
E trying very hard to get into that egg. 

C and I left the kids with my parents and got a bit of shopping/ running around done then headed back there for turkey dinner. 
My all time favourite! 
The day was so much for beautiful than I was even expecting. Maybe I had just forgotten how wonderful "mid-teens" feels after such a long winter. 
 J trying out his new bike. Still unsure.

 Easter bubbles. Enjoying the sun!
The kids in their Easter outfits.


J's words of the day. We've been watching a lot of playoff hockey around here. 

I hope you had a great Easter. 
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Santa gave the twins balance bikes for Xmas. They've been walking around with them in the basement and have played a bit on the driveway. I'll be excited when they start gliding on them. As for the price...maybe they'll have some resale value.

    Glad to see the "Word of the day" back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea about Christmas. With his birthday in October, it was hard to know when it buy him one. I'm hoping he likes it a bit more soon. C went and got his bike form his parents house, J's excited to race!

    ReplyDelete