Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday dinner - May 1

Mmmm. Sunday night dinner. 
My mom hosts Sunday dinner every week. It's a standing invitation, you call if you aren't coming. It's nice, I get to visit with my family and the kids get to visit their cousins. As long as it is nice outside, there is usually a trip to the park involved for the boys. 
Many nights, after long busy weekends, Sunday dinner ends poorly. Crying kids, temper tantrums, hitting or pushing results in rushing out the door to get home either by us or my sisters family. 
Tonight was different and it was such a nice treat. 
All 4 kids ate well. Both big boys sat and finished their meals at the table. A huge deal when one or the other distracts the other from eating when they leave the table early. 
Papa took the boys to the park behind their house and my sister, Mom and I played with the girls. 
When the boys came back, we rode bikes in the front yard. I had brought J's bike along hoping W would have his bike there too. And he did! 
We enjoyed the sunny front yard, the girls watched as the boys rode. 
So much fun. 
We left before the crying and over tiredness caught up to J and E. That never happens!

I love Sundays like this one. 



The girls

Practising his bike. 

L trying to show J how to do it!





No comments:

Post a Comment