Thursday, May 26, 2011

Garden ready - May 18

My great guys braved the insane mosquitoes to prepare my garden for me. Armed with bug spray, jeans, long sleeves and hoods up, they added new soil and tossed it in so my garden would be ready to go. 
We are heading out of town for the long weekend and  with the weather forecast looking great for new gardens, I wanted to get it planted before we left for the extra long weekend. 
After they were done, it was my turn. I went "easy" this year with a wild flower mix in the flower garden. Just shake the big bottle over the soli, toss again lightly and water. Easy! 

My vegetable garden will be as easy. Peas, carrots, parsnips, tomatoes, a few herbs and a zucchini. I was able to get most of them planted also. Hopefully this "so-so" weather over the weekend will be great for my garden! 

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment