Friday, May 13, 2011

Helper - May 10


J continues to help me when he can. I’m trying to teach him to do small tasks but occasionally his “helping” ends badly. 
Unfortunately I have to leave him alone temporarily a few times a day to feed E. 
Usually, he sits and watches Curious George, colors, reads a book ... nothing too destructive. 
Tuesday was a little different. 
J is allowed to feed the one fish at my mom’s house. Supervised of course. 
At our house, I keep the fish food up high, away from the tank. 
One time I had to fish out a bunch of sinking pellets from the bottom of our fish tank. I learnt my lesson. 
Unfortunately C didn’t get that lesson. 
He left the fish food on top of our fish tank. 
Oops. 
Big oops. 
J decided to help me and feed the fish while I was upstairs feeding E. 
The entire large sized bottle of flake food, at once. 
He put the lid back on and placed the food back where it was. 
When I got downstairs, this is what I found. 
The white in the right half of the tank is food. Lots and lots of food. 

C did a water change as soon as he got home from work, about an hour later. 
I thought it’d be a mess but fixable. 
Unfortunately, Wednesday I found all our lovely Rainbow fish dead. The entire tank. They died of gluttony! 
What a shame. We had just gotten it the way we’d like about 2 weeks earlier. 
Poor J. He loved those fish. I’m not sure when he’ll notice but I’m sure not going to bring it up. 
Darn. Poor fish. RIP. 



No comments:

Post a Comment