Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baby love - May 17

My niece E loves babies. Loves them. It's like watching a tiny mom. 
When I see her at family dinners, she's carrying one (or more) around and has beds set up and blankets for them. She feeds them and kisses them. It is pure adorable! 
Having only had a boy and really only close experience with boys, I was and am really interested to see the nature vs nurture first hand. 
J loved cars when he was a baby. No one taught him how to play with them, he automatically made car noises and drove them around. He has never touched a "baby."  He has stuffed animals he doesn't even know exist, it's just never been his thing. 


E has a beautiful doll she got for Christmas this year. A bit young at the time but I wanted it around because I thought she might like it before her first birthday or second Christmas. 
She noticed it for the first time today (May 17). We walked past the book shelf where it was sitting and she almost jumped out of my arms to get to it. 
She reached for it and wouldn't let it go. I was amazed to say the least! 
She just kissed it over and over. 




My baby is growing up. Starting to pick up adult gestures. Adorable! I love seeing her personality developing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment