Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby Hawk Mei Tai - May 22

The Monday before we left, I found E's first top tooth. I was playing with her, tipping her upside down, and there is was staring back at me. I almost dropped her I was so shocked. It's one of those big ones you don't realize is so big until it is coming out of someone's tiny baby mouth. She had been fussy and wanted to be held almost constantly (now it made sense!).  I knew no trip to Canmore was going to be fun for me if I had to carry a baby around the entire time. 


I loved my first Blue Celery baby carrier when E was born. She was so tiny, it made me feel good she could stay close and warm while I still had two arms free to wrangle J. Now she's getting bigger, my first baby carrier was starting to get a bit small for her. 
I had already decided I wanted a Mei Tai style carrier next. According to YouTube, they seemed easy to put on and take off. I had very briefly considered making my own but realized that was pure insanity pretty quickly and set off to find one in the city. 
I found a brand I loved (Baby Hawk) at a store just inside Edmonton (The Birth Source) and it wasn't even crazy expensive. I LOVE IT. LOVE! 
It is simple to put on and E goes to sleep (on my front) almost immediately and can look around and still relax when she's on my back. 
It was a life saver on our trip this weekend. 
I was able to carry E most of the time when we were out and I even gave J an hour long ride through the Calgary zoo. 





Both kids seem to really enjoy being carried in the wrap. E's a bit small to be able to see really well on my back but she doesn't have to crane her neck to see, she leans against one side and chews on the straps. J's taller so he's out of the body part and can see well. He's a bit heavy to have in it on a regular basis but it worked great on our trip. 



No comments:

Post a Comment