Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Organization - Jan 24

So I had meant to write about this ages ago but I guess the pictures slipped my mind. 
I have been trying my best to keep my house organized.  The ideas of being organized and having two small kids seems laughable, but there you go. 
Our last house felt very stuffed by the time we moved. Every cupboard was full, the closets were over flowing and every corner had kids toys. 
After purging as much excess as possible, I have been trying to make a conscious effort to; 1)get rid of what is not being used 2) organize what we have to keep things tidy and usable. 


Here is one such example. 
Before: The cupboard under the telephone is used to store kitchen gadgets, lunch bags and aprons. Nothing too exciting, but all things that can easily end up messy. 


Tada! This is what it looks like now. We found them at Lowe's. 
There are pull out shelves on both sides. One holds gadgets, the other side holds hot coffee mugs, aprons, and lunch bags. 
Love this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment