Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Eve - Dec 24

As far back as I can remember, I guess since we moved to Edmonton, I can remember cowing what we were doing on Christmas Eve. Every year was the same- skating at Hawrelack Park and then back to my Grandma's house to open the gift form her.
Now that I have a family of my own, it kind of snuck up on me that I should be planning these "traditions" around Christmas. 
My mom has worked retail for the last 4 years or so and so she's really really busy at Christmas and always works Christmas Eve.
My sister in laws family has 2 big celebrations, one on Christmas Eve and then again on Christmas Day. 
I'm not sure if my sister has traditions yet ... maybe I need to plan something with her :)  This year she was having out of town guests one to visit. 


And so, for the past 4 Christmas' now, we have spend it with my best friend, and her family. Just a small gathering with lots of fun, visiting and yummy food. 
As the kids get older ... and faster... I get less and less pictures of the fun. 
Elise had a great time this year, keeping up to the rest of the kids. 
Jude found a drum kit which he instantly fell in love with. 

Kids singing and dancing around the tree.

The biggest tree I've ever seen!

Jude rocking the drums!

Elise force feeding Daddy beer. 




Elise liked the drums too! 
Maybe Christmas next year?! 

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I swear Christmas eve is my favorite time of the whole holidays. I am also in love with the train around your friends tree..........I so need to do that.

    ReplyDelete