Friday, September 2, 2011

Know it all - September 2

J has suddenly decided that he will try most foods. Great news after he was a bit of a picky eater for the past 18 months. 
J's first really attempt at eating cauliflower went like this:


Me "Would you like to try some? It's like trees, but snowy trees. I think you'll like them" 
J "Okay" 
Me " Well?" 
J "I like these pause sunflowers"
Me "No, not sunflowers, CAULIFLOWERS" 
J "Oh, collyflowers,  I like collyflowers"
Me " I thought you might" 
J (under his breath) "I do like theses pause night flowers"
Me "No, it's called Cauli-flower"
J "Oh, how do you spell Collyflower?"
Me "C-A-U-L-I F-L-O-W-E-R"
J  (spelling it in the air with his finger) "No, it's C-O-L-L-Y F-L-O-W-E-R" It has two O's in it." 
Me "No, the A-U makes the O sound in cauliflower"
J "No, you are wrong. It has two O's in it."


End of conversation.
This boy is amazing. Stubborn, but amazing. 

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Bet you never thought you'd be having that argument with a 2-year old :-).

    The twins get stubborn like that too. B was absolutely insistent yesterday that cats "smell with their tongues". I finally gave in - there was no convincing her otherwise.

    ReplyDelete