Friday, September 9, 2011

Walking, kind of - Sept 4

E seems to be getting the bug to walk, finally. 
J was much more interested in walking by this age. He was "finger walking" early and was "finger running" well before he could crawl. 
E has been different. More content to sit and watch J play, participating if he comes to her. Mainly, he always comes to her so she's really had no reason to try to be more mobile. 
I realized, now at 11 months, that she was a bit behind in her opportunity to walk. I have been so busy moving, I hadn't realized I hadn't been encouraging her to walk the same way I would have been encouraging J at the same age. 
I looked out our fire truck walking toy, wiped it down (it had become an outdoor toy once J was able to walk) and showed E. I held her up to it and she took off, walking, and walked the full length of our main floor. 
Amazing. She loves it. You can tell she is so proud of herself. I'm impressed, she is really good at controlling it's speed. She can't steer it yet but I think it is just a matter of time. 

Crazy to think my baby is becoming a toddler.





No comments:

Post a Comment