Saturday, September 10, 2011

My "real weekend - Sept 9

Well, it's come. My last week of maternity leave is over and my first "real" weekend in a year begins tonight. 
I'm not sure what I will spend it doing. Nothing much, I hope. Someone tell my kids I want to sleep in. Late.
I must admit, I'm not dreading my return as much as I expected. Definitely not as much as my last return. 
There have been some big staff changes since I left and I'm kind of really interested, almost excited to see the consequences. 
I only work part time. A 0.5 FTE, Mondays, Tuesdays and alternating Wednesdays. It is a nice compromise. I'm a mom more often than an employee. 
I enjoy my job, the drive is tedious but the work is rewarding. I think it is easier, returning, this time around because I know what I'm getting into. 


Well ... here we go. 



1 comment:

  1. Hope you're having a good week back at work. Part-time seems like a good balance when you have small kids.

    ReplyDelete