Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Rainbow Cake - Oct 7

So, have you heard of Pinterest? 
More about Pinterest on another post but lets just say, I LOVE IT! 
I was feeling adventurous after a night of Pinteresting. 
I found this link 
Rainbow Cake in a Jar tutorial
So, I attempted to make this for J's birthday. Luckily I started early! 
It took a few attempts to get the cooking timing correct, but eventually (after 3 tries) it worked! 
White cake mix, divided and coloured with food colouring. 
We did our best to layer the colours in rainbow fashion.


Ready to go in the oven. Small amount of water (1/4") in the bottom of the pan. 

Done! About 40 minutes later. 

We put the lids on when they cooled and froze them. They were finished with whip cream and rainbow sprinkles. 
The kids loved them. They were a huge hit. I wish I had a "final" picture. 


1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! I keeping seeing them online and have wondered how well they turn out........I so want to try that one day (maybe even St.Partick's Day).

    ReplyDelete