Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crafty J -Oct 24

Ever since J started preschool. I've been thinking I need to allow him to do more crafts at home. 


I always had an excuse before. First- he was too young, he'd eat the crayons, he'd eat the play dough or markers would end up on the furniture. 
Then, we were purging and getting ready to move. 
Next, we had cleaned to sell our house and I didn't want a mess. 
Then of course we are in the process of packing. 
My next excuse, we've just moved and my house is a cardboard disaster ..... and on and on. 


And then J started preschool. 

These 2 ladies watch 20 kids for two hours, they have a snack, always do at least one craft and the place is spotless when I pick him up.
I figured if they can do it, I surely must give it a try. 
So I bought J some paints, I'm not quite ready to start with glue and sparkles just yet. 
He has really enjoyed it. 
He needs to have his projects taken away before he "over loves them" and they turn into one big mess but it is nice to see him getting creative and using his brain for imagination. 


One of the crafts J has made at school.

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I go through cycles of avoiding the mess that comes with crafts and then diving right into it. I have a large plastic table cloth that I use that helps to contain the mess and is easy to wash down or shake outside.
    I have never thought about the fact that preschool is spotless but is always is.......how do they do it...lol!

    ReplyDelete