Thursday, April 5, 2012

Baby trees - March 8

Chris' work has given out Arbour Day trees for the past few years I can remember.  My kids are both fall babies and so it worked out great that we got a baby tree, right when our two babies were born. 
We planted them at our old house and in a fit of nostalgia, Chris insisted we dig them up the day before our house was listed. 
We kept them in pots most of the summer.  I was worried they might not survive. 
I wasn't sure where they'd go in our new yard until Grandma 21 suggested they go in the boulevard outside her house.  It was run down and full of weeds and the county likely wouldn't notice if we added a bit of life. 
Well, right before the snow, the county came in and mowed almost everything down. All the weeds, bushes and grass. Just a few big trees left. 
And ... my babies baby trees! 
This one is Jude's tree. They mowed right around it. Elise's is in there too, just covered in snow. 

I love when things work out right!

No comments:

Post a Comment